London changed my life. Even before I left, I was working long hours in order to meet a goal. Now, I can’t imagine going to school without working as well. Making my own money year-round has become empowering. I’ve gained experience in traveling, finding my way around foreign cities, even silly things like reading maps. I’ve found new appreciation for art, music, and especially food. I grew to be more independent and spontaneous. I came to realize what my future could actually look like.
I met some of the most amazing people. First, there was Rainey, my lovely roommate. She was the breath of life that kept me sane during crazy times and made “nights in” nights to be remembered. So different and yet so similar, we formed an instant bond that never breaks despite our lack of face time.
Then, of course, there was Andrew. This boy is incredible and I’m so thankful to have him in my life. If I get started, I won’t stop…but, you should know he had a gargling contest with me a few weeks ago….I mean, he’s great <3
Sir Zachary deserves a mention as well, DUH. We had many a nights of chatting, nights of dancing, nights of singing and having a jolly good time. He is such a fun guy and our friendship is definitely one I cherish.
And there's more- Dave, who always made me laugh; Steph, who made me cry happy tears on my birthday; Alice, who helped me survive Adolescent Psych; Jess, Courtney, & Caroline, my awesome flatmates; Alysha, Lauren & Chelsea, who introduced me to trivia nights ---and all the others I met in classes, on trips, and everywhere inbetween --- London would not have been the same without you.
An entire year later and I am still thanking my lucky stars (and my parents!) for the beautiful blessing of studying abroad. It will forever be one of the highlights of my life.




No comments:
Post a Comment