Before Valentine's Day, one of the little boys in my Level 5 class (22-28 month olds), handed me a little trinket. It looks like a wooden fridge magnet but has a little picture frame easel thing in the back to prop it up. A little bunny, holding a row of hearts says "To a nice Teacher." My heart melted.
And then it hit me. I'm a TEACHER.
Parent's sometimes call me "Teacher Bri" when instructing their children to listen/follow me. It always makes me laugh, but for their little ones---I am one of the first teachers they will ever have.
Gymboree has made me think a lot about becoming a teacher. Perhaps Pre-K, possibly Kindergarten, maybe a bit older. There's something about the excitement of my Level 6 kids when I read them a story and ask "what color is this?" and they shout "RED!" I love their enthusiasm in pretending and dancing and learning. They sometimes challenge me and often stretch me to be better at what I do. They always bring cheer into my day whether it's a hug before class or a brave ROAR during a jungle activity. When they do well in class, remember what I taught them the week before, and reach new milestones, I am so proud.
A career change may be in order.
We shall see.
1 comment:
I love this! I've been thinking a lot about teachers recently and how much of an impact they have on me. I am incredibly blessed with my mentor right now and I know that I wouldn't be the same without her. You would make such a great teacher Bri. I hope you continue to enjoy your job!
Post a Comment