Christmas!!!
Today, I may have gone overboard. I bought a Christmas welcome mat, holiday M&M's and Butterfinger bells, and Eggnog (of course!). I also switched out my Taylor Swift CD (ahhh!!!) for a mix of Christmas jingles (At first I typed that "jungles" whoops!). Aaaaand....I decorated my awesome stocking for work:
And made absolutely SURE to wear my RED Gymboree socks with my RED Gymboree shirt:
For me, Christmas is kind of like prom. I know that's a weird comparison, but think about it! Everything leading up to prom is exciting, but also a tad bit stressful: finding a date, picking a dress, limo or no? how to pay for it... and the best part of prom? DINNER! The dancing is just icing on the cake. For me, the best part of the holiday season is ALWAYS Christmas Eve: dinner and games with my family. And the presents the next morning? Icing on the cake.
Everything before that: decorating the tree, hanging the stockings, dancing around to "Winter Wonderland"... it's just our way of trying to prolong the Christmas Eve wonder.
Prolong away.
No comments:
Post a Comment