Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Shopping

"Anyone who believes that men are the equal of women has never seen a man trying to wrap a Christmas present."



Normally, I thoroughly enjoy Christmas shopping. I love finding perfect gifts for everyone on my list, wrapping them up, and watching my family & friends open them. But for the first time, the whole Christmas shopping adventure is stressing me out! It's probably because I'm going to be working in Fullerton until Dec 22nd, so I can't do my shopping at home, and I have to worry about where to deliver anything I buy online. I also ordered something internationally for the first time and it probably won't be on time for Christmas.

There's also the age old question of, "Do I need to buy a gift for _____?" What if someone buys you a gift and you didn't get them anything? Do I go white elephant or simple gift card for the Staff Holiday Party gift exchange? And then there's the whole gifts-cost-money-and-I'm-trying-to-save dilemma.

My family is growing, which is such a blessing, but it also means a lot more planning when it comes to Christmastime. I hope that when I have my own family, my kids will leave Toys'R'Us catalogs lying around with their wish list toys circled in bright highlighter.

3 comments:

Tasting Life: said...

Amen to the gift-wrapping quote!

I'm either an absolute perfectionist or it turns out ripped, torn or crumpled. There is no middle ground haha. Thus, 9 times out of 10, it's the former.

Women consider it an actual event though.

It's more than just wrapping a gift, it is about sitting in front of the tree, laying everything out, kicking all males out of the room, listening to Christmas music and drinking hot chocolate.

Bri Slama said...

At least you try! My brother, Brad usually just hands me his present in the plastic Target bag. Ha!

kiddle97 said...

Middlest just might do the Toys 'R Us catalog toy-circling thing for you, as well as Youngest. The other day they were in the car with me as we waited to get Oldest from school, and I had various catalogs in which I was doing just that, for kicks. Middlest asked for one, then asked if he could circle in it, so then Youngest indicated she'd like one, but when I didn't give her a writing implement too, she got a tad bit upset. Later I found the catalog Middlest had, and pretty much everything was circled, except one item that was deemed "too girly".