Alright, don't get me wrong, I LOVE school. Seriously though-- I'm one of THOSE. Sure, I procrastinate, I whine about having to get up early and I LOATHE the campus parking lot, but when all is said and done, school has been a pretty awesome part of my life for the past 17 years. I'm always excited about learning new things, BS-ing A+ essays, and even taking exams! Before I even started school, I would walk around with my Lisa Frank backpack and some computer paper and PRETEND I was doing homework...
Today, though, I couldn't be happier that my Directing class has been canceled. (At least I hope it's canceled. I consider the source very credible, even though it came through Facebook.) This essentially means I have 3 extra hours to sleep, relax, and possibly finish up my Production Book (a huge project for my Directing class).
Back in high school, announcements that certain teachers were canceling class elicited cheers from the assembly hall of plaid-clad catholic schoolgirls. There was always a buzz, an exchange of smiles, everyone realizing they had an extra 50 minutes to study for a test, memorize a monologue, or actually read their homework for Catholic Social Teachings for once.

(High school. Decked out in my plaid skirt and "SENIORS" tee.
I'm awkwardly hugging the wall because it was behind my desk and
I was excited about getting to decorate it)
Why is it so great to have a class canceled? Because it means MORE TIME. Time you didn't think you had. It's such a great feeling to suddenly have extra time in your day to do with as you please.
I please some breakfast and a dose of brain-rotting reality television.

No comments:
Post a Comment