One day, I said to a friend of mine, "I love sipping hot chocolate and bundling up when it's raining outside." He looked at me and said "WHAT? Hot chocolate when it RAINS?" I looked at him with the same quizzical expression, not understanding. That is, until he argued that "hot chocolate is for when it's SNOWING." Then, it donned on me. "Yes, but see...rain IS our snow." I can't call the weather I'm thankful for "Winter weather," because most people think of THIS:

What I'm thankful for is what I lovingly dubbed SWEATSHIRT WEATHER
As a California girl, I'm a bit atypical in the fact that I prefer cooler weather most of the time. Perhaps it's because I grew up on a coast where the weather is around 60 degrees year round. I'm soooo happy that it's FINALLY cooling down (at least at nighttime...it was over 7o today during the day. Apparently November is having an identity crisis.)
Anyway! Why I'm thankful for Sweatshirt Weather:
-It means I get to pull out my sweatshirts from the bottom of my closet
-I can laugh at all the kids at school who don't own umbrellas as it pours in between classes
-I don't have to get my car washed. It's just gonna rain again tomorrow anyway...
-It means I get paid to cut out paper snowflakes
-Sweatshirt weather= cuddle weather. Enough said.
-There's nothing like bundling up in your bed when it's chilly. You know I'm right.
-Scarves, scarves, scarves.
-Hot chocolate.
-I can skip washing my hair and throw a hat on my head.
-Sweatshirt weather means Christmas. Which means Christmas lights, Christmas music, "12 days of Christmas" dance with mi familia, plus ipods, giftcards, and cookies.
-The air is cold and crisp
-There are more movie nights
-We all feel like we're allowed to stay inside all day reading books, writing, hanging out, making meals, and playing games.

Bring on the sweatshirt weather <3
2 comments:
You are pretty much guaranteed sweatshirt weather for Thanksgiving, as long as you come to see madre in Utah, no November identity crisis here!
Amen, start to finish. Cooler weather is the best. I miss it. (Where is it??)
Post a Comment