I'm sure you can all imagine my excitement when I discovered "field trip classes" at Regent's College. At first glance, these classes (of which I have TWO), may appear to be the normal run of the mill sitting-and-taking-notes type class, but upon further examination, one can hardly believe anyone would be getting 3 credit hours for what we do. We spend a mere 3 hours a week discussing theatres in London, dissecting lyrics from musicals, and watching clips from all sorts of shows--and THEN we see a live show somewhere in London once every couple of weeks. Oh by the way, the tickets are paid for. So basically, I'm seeing 6 Musicals (including "Billy Elliot" ahh!) and 8 plays (including "Macbeth" at the Globe!) all for FREE.
It seems almost too good to be true. I was completely convinced that I'd get slammed with ridiculous ticket fees after signing up for these classes. But yesterday, with a "Sister Act" ticket finally in my hands, reality set in. And tonight, when Zach, Rainey, and I walked into the Palladium Theatre and gazed at the gorgeous purple curtain in front of us, I have to admit, I had a double take moment. Here I am in the beautiful city of London, watching a big musical, for free mind you, with super cool friends. What?!
A character in the musical sang a line about being thankful for "friendship, affections, making connections." Definitely struck a chord with me. I have been so fortunate to find people here that I click so well with. Instant connections. And I dig it. I almost went off into naming each person here and why I am so happy I met them, but I'm refraining from making this a sappy entry.
And so, to quickly switch gears, here is a video clip from post-show. I call it "Traffic Cone Saxophone" (Poet Bri, yes siree)
2 comments:
Hot dang, that dude should mass market his skill. Traffic cones would be that much more exciting.
The bagel bites were good. :)
Your trip sounds incredible. Good to hear you're having an amazing time!
Shannon
Post a Comment