Stratford-Upon-Avon plus Warwick Castle.
The day started with a caramel and toffee muffin and ended with a shared prepackaged brownie. All in all, a successful day.
The coach we took was a double decker coach.
It had tables.
We had fun.
My muffin. And my hands. On a top-deck coach table:
Fast Forward >>
Due to upcoming break-the-bank-status spring break plans (simply say "rental car" and Bri will immediately second guess her impulsive potential purchase), I was limiting my spending to meals only. That meant no touring of Shakespeare's birthplace in Stratford. Imagine my lament. So after a delicious brunch at "The Food of Love," our group parted ways. Rainey, Zach and Steph shelled out their pounds to explore the historical houses while the non-spending folk (Andrew, Dave and I) roamed the town to explore shops and cafes, a church, and a farmer's market (where Andrew couldn't help but buy a container of "spotted dick" pudding. Which was anything but tasty, by the way). This was also when my first dance lessons came into play. Dave and Andrew are now both masters of the tour jeté.
Steph with the menu at Food of Love:
Andrew's Spotted Dick Nastiness:
Dancing lessons with the boys (not tour jetés):
Creepiest moment: When the living statue man (Shakespeare's ghost. ooo! ahhh...) shook my hand in a very sensual manner and then made a "call me" gesture every time I passed him on the road.
Creeper:
Weirdest shop: The witchcraft and wizardology store definitely takes the cake. In the few moments we were inside (lungs can only handle so much incense), we discovered a book of recipes describing how to cook children.
It's not quite so strange from the outside:
FavoUrite spotting: A new favorite quote posted on an "A" board outside of a shop. Definitely better than whatever was on the opposite side, which I can't even recall.
"Love sought is good, but given unsought is better."
-Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
I could write an entire blog on that alone. Refrain.
Fast forward >>
Warwick castle was a treasure. Climbing hundreds of steps of an inclosed, stone spiral staircase, staring at insanely lifelike wax recreations of classy, historical Brits, and attempting to seduce peacocks in order to see them in their true glory? Definitely spells out a good time.
Warwick castle from the top of the 9384938 stairs:
Scary wax people (seriously, I was waiting for one to come to life and jump at me!)
Fortunately, we survived the crazy peacocks and no wax figures came to life AND they showed Ocean's 11 on the bus ride home. SWEET! The character Basher reminded me that I need to incorporate "tosser" into my daily vocab.
Next day trip: Adventure to Bath with the Ohio boys :P
....play on!





2 comments:
But Bee, that Shakespeare ghost thing was so attractive. You are gonna call him, aren't you??
PLAY ONNNN...
I enjoy this. Good times. I might steal the pudding picture from you...
Post a Comment