Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sunshine

They warned me that it was a city of rain and I was prepared. Prepared for the black umbrellas, the puddles, the clouds, the shiny pavement sidewalks and slippery tiled floors. What no one bothered to tell me? Hey, the sun shines in London, too! Go figure.

We've been treated to sunshiny gloriousness in the 15-17 degree range (we're talking low 60's in our fahrenheit scale) and already the masses of London are flocking to the parks. A people-watchers dream, Regent's Park (& the other Royal Parks) attracts couples, families, groups of friends, old and young alike with it's green grass, shady trees, gorgeous gardens, and ponds (complete with ducks).



Things you should expect to see:
Picnics
Kids whizzing by on scooters
Toddlers running/falling/running again
Couples (and lot's of PDA)
Squirrels (the people-friendly breed)
Strollers (or "Prams")
Joggers (complete with ipods, sweat, and pained expressions)
Dogs (hardly ever leashed)
Football games ("soccer")
Green & white striped lawn chairs (that are empty for a reason! you have to pay!)
People reading
People sleeping
People probably getting sunburnt
People taking pictures
People taking pictures of their sleeping friends
People making out
People watching the people making out
People watching the people watching the people making out.....yeah. That's what I do.

Like true Londoners, we've been enjoying the 60 degree sunshine. And like true visitors, we're enjoying the last few weeks we have to soak it all up and take it all in.




1 comment:

kiddle97 said...

I'd be doing the same thing as you: watching people watching people watching people making out. Ever wonder who's watching you? I try not to; there are a lot of weird people-watchers out there. :)

I don't mean to be summoning the end of your delightful adventures prematurely, but it just hit me that April is nearing an end and then it will be May and you will be home. :)