Whats new?
I'll be 20 in about 8 days. Kissing those teenaged years goodbye. How do I intend to celebrate? Well, it all begins on Friday, March 27th when I leave for MARYLAND to visit my dear high school friend, Julia. This would be me and Jules in our tent during the senior rafting trip:


After spending 2 days and 3 nights in Maryland, I will spend my lovely birthday day in airports, on airplanes, and in cars. And yes, I will sport a plastic princess tiara the entire journey. On the plane, I will write a letter to my 25 year-old self (I'll tell you why in a minute). I will fly to New Jersey, then to LA, then finally to Sacramento, where my mommy will pick me up and shower me with some birthday loving like only mommys can. Heres me and mom from Thanksgiving, 2007.


For the rest of the week (which is my spring break...forgot to mention--) I will frolic around Granite Bay with Madre and soak up some beautiful NorCal sunshine. Then, back to school for another---I believe 7 weeks--til summer.
In other news--
I am looking quite seriously at a school in London for my study abroad dreams for next spring. It's incredibly close to West End and all the fun parts of London, but is located in Regent's Park, which is GREEN and beautiful. Take a look.

How can I NOT be excited about this, right? It's going to take a lot of battling, planning, and saving, but I know it'll be worth it. I actually opened a letter today from my 15 year old self (it was a church activity in 2004, and they just mailed them to us this week!--my inspiration for writing a new one on the plane.) and in the letter I said that "Hopefully I got a chance to study abroad and make some really awesome friends." 15 year old bri, I will NOT let you down! :]
In even OTHER news:
For the 5th year now, I am temporarily pretending to be catholic and participating in Lent. My roommate Stephanie and I have made it UBER challenging. We gave up JUNK FOOD (including fast food, soda, sweets, desserts, etc.) The only thing we're allowed are the mints after meals that they have in the cafeteria. AND I'm allowed to have Crème brûlée on March 31st (A day-after-birthday treat tradition) Mommy and I are gonna make some ourselves! It's been about a month sans junk food and we've both stuck to it. Impressive, huh? Especially being college students!
Speaking of food, my stomach is GROWLING and there is some Tilapia in the freezer that is yelping my name, I just know it!
Kirsten, I hope this one did not let you down and I will try to be better with updating, if only for you!
1 comment:
That was great, Bee. Loved it! And I do hope you get to do the study abroad in London. But just for a semester? That'll be hard for us to travel across thd pond with a newborn to see you. And you know my secret love for all things British (or at least, my secret love for having an excuse to speak in my SO-AUTHENTIC British accent...).
Never fear, even if it's just I, your loyal fan base is still loyal.
Post a Comment