Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Here it goes again...

My very first blog post of all time was May 22nd, 2004. It was a blogspot, like this one. It was titled "It's all downhill from here"--a song lyric I happened to be thinking of at the time. And this is what I wrote:

"This is my 'blog.' I have no idea what it is or what it's purpose is, but I thought I'd check it out cuz my friend had it on her profile. It's saturday...only 13 days left til summer. Hallelujah."

(I guess I was too lazy to type out "because." Keep in mind that I was a 15 year old in the 21st century.) 

After 6 months of using blogspot, I switched over to a more popular blog form among my peers. My second blog was a xanga. This was my first post:

"first post in a new blog. this is weird. how come my entry doesn't get a title?? hmm..." 

(I was too cool for capitalizing apparently...)

Then...(drum-roll please) 

MYSPACE

At first, I rebelled. I linked my xanga to my myspace blog, so that I wouldn't have to completey give in. But eventually, I caved. I gave up on my xanga and switched over to myspace blogging. 

I became a blogger for Seventeen Magazine my freshmen year of college. I wrote HUNDREDS of blogs. I blogged DAILY. Even when I had zilch to say, nothing of interest to discuss, I had to come up with something for my readers to read. 

But when my employment with Seventeen ended, so did the blogging. And I'm beginning to feel the withdrawal.

My friends, I have come full circle. From blogspot to xanga to myspace and back home again. So, here's the dedication. This blog is for my myself, because I dearly miss blogging; for my mommy, who dearly misses reading them; and for Kirsten, whose blogs made me want to dive back in. 




2 comments:

kiddle97 said...

YAY! A dedication! For me! I am hereby officially honoured that my blogs made you want to dive back in. Welcome back! We've missed you! :)

Grama Vroom said...

Yeah! I will know if you are sad or REALLY sad. I will know if you are happy or fluffy or even pre fluffy. I miss you so much it makes me cry. I hate my babies all being grown up and gone. It's just not fun. This is nice.

madre